How to Take Care of Persian Rugs12/07/2013 Back To Blog
Authentic handmade Persian rugs are the most beautiful in the world. They carry a history behind them, need a lot of time to be prepared and cost a small fortune. Many people are obsessed with Oriental rugs in general and travel all over Eastern countries or attend auctions trying to find the best one for their homes. Persian rugs are very durable, but that doesn’t mean they don’t need carpet maintenance. On the contrary, they are valuable assets, which must be taken care of on a regular basis. If you want to find some tips and advices, you can read this article.
The simplest ways to clean Persian rugs
* The first thing you should do is vacuum the rug in order to remove dirt and mud. Most people forget to vacuum the rugs from the opposite side, but this is equally important as well.
* Put some water in a bucket and pour in some plate liquid soap, and stir.
* Scrub the rug in the direction of the nap with a soft brush insisting on the stubborn stains and the spots that suffer mostly by foot traffic.
* Take the rug outside or in the bathroom and pour some water to remove the soap.
* Let it dry outside on both sides. Don’t place the rug back at your house, if it’s not dried well because mold will grow and you will need mold removal from experts in California.
* No matter how well you clean the rugs, bacteria and other harmful microorganisms will still be found among the fibers since they are not removed easily. Once a year you should call a residential carpet cleaning company in Highland Park for rug cleaning. They have the appropriate equipment and ecofriendly products that will remove the bacteria and the germs. Their methods will also guarantee carpet stain removal that will ensure air purification as well.